What’s the Price of an
End of Lease Clean?
We’re breaking down the service to give you a better idea of what you should expect to pay, things to look out for, and how to find the best company to perform your end of lease clean.
by The Neat Team
Maybe you’ve read our previous Q & A article, How Much is a Bond Clean? and still feel as though your question hasn’t been thoroughly answered. Well since you’re still digging around, we’re going to take another stab at it by elaborating on end of lease cleaning prices.
Many factors go into how much an end of lease cleaning should cost, with different companies charging different amounts. In this article, we’re going to break down the service to give you a better idea of what you should expect to pay, things to look out for, and how to find the best company to perform your end of lease clean.
End of lease cleaning prices
As a rule of thumb, your end of lease clean will be based on your property type, the cleaning extras that you need, and then the wildcard of the company you choose to do business with.
Property typeStudio, apartment, house?
Extras neededIs external window washing, blind cleaning, etc. required?
Cleaning companyAirtasker, small business, etc?
Most companies will use the number of bedrooms and bathrooms as a baseline for quoting your end of lease clean. This is usually determined by the type of property that you live in, either a studio, apartment or house. As expected, studios will land in the lower range of the spectrum with homes on the more expensive end.
Additional services such as carpet steam cleaning, wall washing, or blind cleaning are usually added on as extras, as properties will vary from one person to the next. The wildcard in the equation is the company that you choose to help get your bond back. The professionalism of a company can range from individuals found on Airtasker to established cleaning companies with years of experience.
How much is an end of lease clean?
End of Lease Cleaning Price
|Studio||From $415.00 with carpet steam cleaning|
|1 Bedroom Apartment||From $470.00 with carpet steam cleaning|
|2 Bedroom Apartment||From $560.00 with carpet steam cleaning|
|3 Bedroom House||From $650.00 with carpet steam cleaning|
Choosing the Right Cleaners
- Ask for a quote Be a savvy shopper and ask for an end of lease cleaning quote from multiple companies. In doing so, you’ll be able to compare prices before making any long-term commitments. At This is Neat, we offer instant quotes simply by filling out a form with your property details.
- Read reviews We live in a digital age, and it’s never been easier to research a company’s reputation. Whether if it’s Google or Facebook, there’s plenty of resources to learn more about how a company operates, how they treat their customers, and ultimately if they’ll do a professional job.
- Ask for cleaning checklist If a company can’t provide an end of lease cleaning checklist, pass. Your cleaning company should be able to list individual cleaning tasks that they’ll perform in the bathroom, kitchen, etc.
- Avoid hourly rate end of lease cleaning A common pricing tactic for end of lease cleaners is to quote by the hour. Try to avoid this as it’s very difficult to gauge how long a clean will actually take. Because every property is different, don’t be surprised if your cleaners demand more money if they don’t finish in the allotted time frame.
- Search for a bond back guarantee Lastly, ask cleaning companies if they provide guarantees on their work. At This is Neat, we offer a 72-hour bond back guarantee. If a real estate agent notifies us within that period, we’ll happily return to the property to address any problems.